Hours – M-F 9:30-5:30, Sat 9:30-1:00
Framers’ Chop Service offers access to framing for artists, galleries, students and independent picture framers who have a working knowledge of picture framing and can work independently of our staff. Our customers are responsible for their own design, measuring of their artwork and installation of their framing project(s).
We provide order forms to be filled out by the customer with measurements and mat/glazing/frame choices. Framers’ Chop Service is located at Frugal Framer’s home store in Montford. Enter the Chop Service through the yellow side door off Frugal Framer’s main parking lot.
The Framers’ Chop Service staff does not handle, measure, store or install customer art. By leaving these steps up to the customer, we are able to discount most framing materials 30% – 40% off retail prices. We offer on-site fitting tables equipped with the tools and fitting supplies needed to install most projects. The standard turn-around time for fulfillment of Chop Service orders is one week from order placement. Rush orders can often be accommodated, upon request, depending upon current workload and inventory.
We are pleased to offer:
- Moulding available as a joined frame, mitered to your specifications, or as full-stick length
- Aluminum moulding available in length or chopped to your specifications
- Archival matboard, custom cut or full sheets
- Acid free and regular foam core. 3/16″ or 1/8″ thickness
- Gator board in white and black. 3/16″ or 1/2″ thicknesses
- Glass and acrylic is available cut to size. Regular, non-glare and UV control
- A rotating stock of ready-made frames in standard and odd sizes
- Hardware for framing, wire, tape and fitting tools
- On-site assembly tables with fitting tools
- Stretcher bars for works on canvas
- Stretching of canvas art
- Vacuum mounting